Quality products and the training of our employees are a critical part of ensuring our company’s long term future
At Mini Gears, now AS9100C approved, we take the quality of our products very seriously, especially as our parts are delivered worldwide and we cannot afford any major disruptions to our customers.
We continually invest in both new equipment for measuring and updated systems but most important is the training of our staff, including apprentices, to fully understand the new procedures and keep them maintained.
Mini Gears is accredited to AS9100C & ISO9001:2008 and we are Tier 2 suppliers to the aerospace and automotive sectors.
Recognising the changing markets and the diversity of products that we now manufacture led us to look to obtain AS9100 rev C accreditation to compliment the ISO 9001:2008 system and with a great team effort we received our Certificate of Registration on 1st August 2016.
Quality is planned into every job
We have a dedicated team of Technical and Administrative staff who will work with you to ensure we meet your exact requirements.
The factory has recently undergone a huge investment and we have completely altered our production methods to include lean manufacturing and ‘5S’ philosophy to ensure standard operations, visual controls and flow production.
Our quality procedures include:
- Planning meeting to establish all requirements for materials, tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Quality Plan to aid the job through the production process – indicated on route card to ensure each process is done correctly.
- Dedicated Setting Sheet per job and by machine to reduce set up times.
- ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Report) for all new jobs to ensure tooling and planning information is correct.
- ‘5S’ – Housekeeping procedures for a systemized, disciplined and organized workplace. All tooling and gauges identified and stored in a specific place
- Dedicated inspection department with CNC checking machines.
Assembly / Clean Room
We now have a dedicated assembly / clean room which is primarily used for assembling aerospace painted components to minimise any contamination and damage to high class visual components used on 1st class aircraft seats.